We had a great start for the jam yesterday night. More than 80 people showed up for the opening and 15 groups began their projects on this year's exciting Global Game Jam theme.
We have a good number of registered participants and the GGJ HK poster just came from print. Our team of volunteers is almost ready to welcome you to Hong Kong's first GGJ.
As there's only one week to go, I wish to cover some basic information of the event.
So: The goal is to come together and make a video game, or non-digital game like a board game or card game. Participants rapidly prototype game designs and hopefully inject new ideas to help grow the game industry. We share a common theme and constraints. We ask participants to create a game from beginning to end in a prescribed time (maximum of 48 hours). The brief time span is meant to help encourage creative thinking to result in small but innovative and experimental games.
1) All participants who want to participate and get credit for their game need to go to http://globalgamejam.org/, create a profile and join Hong Kong location (http://globalgamejam.org/user).
2) The game jam starts at 5PM on Friday January 25th. We recommend you arrive between
3) GGJ has a theme that everyone shares and is the basis for teams to start brainstorming. This will be released to the participants at
4) A Global Keynote video will be shown at the beginning of the game jam. It will also be made available on the Global Game Jam YouTube Channel.
5) Once the theme is announced, we will have a brainstorming session followed by pitches. Groups are formed based on whose group and which idea you wish to join. We wish to get students work with more experienced developers in order to encourage learning and exchange.
6) Bring your own technology. We have separate computer labs available, but the main area of the jam is reserved for participants' own computers. We wish most of the people gather in this one big studio, where we can have a more collaborative environment. (If there are any questions about this, contact us as soon as possible and we will try to figure out solutions.)
7) There is a number of restaurants at the campus and around TST/Hunghom area. We will print out lists of recommended restaurants.
8) You are welcome to stay late and arrive early, the venue is open 48 hours. However, we recommend that everyone gets a good nights' sleep.
9) The jamming ends at 3PM on Sunday afternoon. After this, jammers will get a chance to present their game to other participants. Presentations and sponsored prizes will be given between 4PM and 6PM. The entire jam ends at 6PM on Sunday January 27th.
10) Daytime, we welcome visitors and friends, too. But everyone should participate. If you are not one of the jammers, pelase give feedback and ideas to those who are working hard on their games.
11) There will be prizes, but this is not really a competition. We work in a spirit of sharing and collaboration across team boundaries. It is supposed to be fun and welcoming for everyone and for the best of us as a growing community in Hong Kong. This is a possibility to show to the world what we can achieve in Hong Kong!
12) We try to organise a follow-up event for showcasing all the games if there is interest among the participants.
Maybe I forgot something? For further information and help, contact email@example.com.
You can still register, but do it asap in order for us to plan the facilities.
See you next week!
Among a number of other GGJ jam sites, Global Game Jam Hong Kong 2013 has joined Games for Change in order to bring a special theme of social responsibility into this year's event. We are very proud of this collaboration, which extends to working with a local NGO, Hong Kong Digital Game-Based Learning Association.
Less than one month to go until the first Global Game Jam in Hong Kong! You can register as a participant at the global website, creating an account or using your Facebook account to connect. Here's the link http://globalgamejam.org/user. Just choose your 'Jam Site 2013' in the end of the registration page as 'Hong Kong'.
We recommend you to register as soon as you can. This allows us to prepare the space and to do all required arrangements for the right number of people. It is hard to foresee how many we will be - a small, cosy group of 15 or something around 100. (We do not dare to think it could be even bigger!)
The HK Jam Site is here http://globalgamejam.org/sites/2013/hong-kong
First jammers have already registered and can be seen here http://globalgamejam.org/sites/2013/hong-kong/jammers
See you in the end of January! And remember we hope everyone to join/form a group based on initial ideas and pitches made at the beginning of the event.
Less than one month to go until the first Global Game Jam in Hong Kong! You can register as a participant at the global website, creating a...
We did it again - thank you for all participants and visitors! We really enjoyed jamming with you! 23774 jammers in 488 jam sites loca...
Over 36 thousand jammers in 701 jam sites located in 94 countries participated in Global Game Jam 2017. Hong Kong was 10th biggest am...
Our official photos are finally here. We have uploaded a selection of all the photos on Google Drive. Find a link to the folder below. ...
Over 42 thousand jammers in 804 jam sites located in 109 countries participated in Global Game Jam 2018. Hong Kong was 6th biggest amon...
Dear Jammers, old and new. We are getting ready for this year's jam. It's as exciting as in the past. No idea what the theme might b...
We have a good number of registered participants and the GGJ HK poster just came from print. Our team of volunteers is almost ready to welc...
16,705 jammers joined the Global Game Jam 2013. In Hong Kong, we produced 15 games in 48 hours. Globally, more than 3,000 games were ma...
There will be Wi-Fi connection available at the venue. We will provide help finding nearby restaurants. Any kind of game and any devel...
Pepper Lunch Express Shop No.: 403a Telephone: 2577 2311 DELANEY'S / D Too Shop No.: 314, 411, 501 & 601 Telephone: 267...
Powered by Blogger.
- ▼ 2013 ( 5 )